Friday, December 4, 2009

Catey's weekly email 11-17-09 - Catey off of death bed :)

Dear FAMILYYYYY!!!!!!

First of all, I just want everyone to know.... that I am ALIVE and OFF of my death bed.  I am completely recovered, off that nasty steroid crudola, and am almost done with my antibiotics, HALLELUJAH!!!  Now... Let's just pray I stay that way, because I do NOT like being sick.  So, now I am back to my spunky, CR-AZY self (completely obedient, mature missionary crazy of course).  :)

So... about Christmas. I seriousy have everything that I need.  And I don't NEED anything for Christmas.  In fact, I don't really WANT anything for Cchristmas.  I have your love and that is all I need.  HOWEVER, since I know you soooo well, and know that you will probably get me something regardless of whether or not I need/want something.... DO NOT feel like you have to get me anything.  A letter with a picture of Codie would make me the happiest person in the world. :)  So, what I have really been wanting is a set of Spanish scriptures with "Hermana Cathryn E. Stroud" printed on them.  I don't know if they have them in blue with silver  pages.  The burgandy with gold pages are really pretty too.  That is just what I would WANT if I could have anything. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO not spend a lot of money.  I don't know how much they cost and I DO NOT want you to spend a lot of money on me.  I know that money is really tight right now, and I would be so content with anything.  That is just what I would get if I could get anything. :)

So, I bet you that Destanie (note from mom Stroud - this a family Catey taught) would LOVE to hear from you. In fact, PLEASE email her. They are the most AMAZING family.  She is the one that gave me my flu shot.  I haven't had a chance to email her back yet, because I only get so long to email, but I will email her next week.  Will you tell her that? Thank you!!!

I have to admit that I did start crying when I got your email.  I miss you all so much.  This will be my first big holiday away from my family (other than my birthday this past year).  I'm not gonna lie... I'm thinking it might be a little hard, but I know that I am where I'm supposed to be.  I was so psyched when DeAnn's (Catey's sister-in-law) mom called and invited me to Thanksgiving.  I think that it will make it easier to spend it with people I know well.  Plus, BreAnn (DeAnn's twin sister) is a lot like DeAnn, so I will get close to a "DeAnn fix." :)  It would be so wicked awesome if James and DeAnn were there, but I know it's kind of far away. :)  But, Sister Yamashita and I are really excited to go to their house.  They are so sweet to have us over, and I am so glad that I have good friends/pretty-much-family close by.

So, I'm sorry to hear about Aunt Kay (she is losing her job).  I will be praying for her.  Dad, I'm sorry to hear that your bids didn't go through, but I know that you will find a job soon.  You are such a hard-worker.  You are definitely an example to me.  Mom, I know that you are an amazing teacher.  (After all, you did teach me and look how I turned out. :) Jk  (I'll work on that humility). :)  I am sooo jealous that you get to be with Codie so much.  I can't believe how much I already love that little girl and I haven't even met her.  Don't worry... She will be nice and spoiled to me in about 13 - 14 months (oh yeah, ps... they might make me go home December 23, 2010, instead of January 26, 2011.  They are doing that this year with the missionaries that are suposed to go home in January.  Just so you know). Anyways, she will LOVE her Aunt Sister Stroud.  :)  I am glad to hear that Preston is doing well.  I bet he is such an amazing dad.  I know that both of my brothers will be awesome dads because they are such amazing brothers, and we have such amazing parents.  So... about that, are... um...James and Deann getting close to that yet? Just wondering If I need to be expecting any more nieces ore nephews.  Can you please let them know that I would much appreciate it if they held off for about 5 - 6 months, that way I can be there when he/she is born?  Thanks a heap. :)

So... now about the work.  We are definitely seeing many miracles happen in our area.  We are working hard and I am EXHAUSTED, which is precisely how I like it.  The hand of the Lord is truly here in our area.  We have three baptisms coming up on Novemeber 28th, which has really been a miracle.  We are really excited.  I love teaching the gospel and feeling the Spirit so strong on a daily basis.  My testimony has grown so much.  It has been amazing to see this growth.  I LOVE this work.  I am so happy to be here serving the Lord.  This truly is His marvelous work.

Oh, so we ran into Sue, Aunt Marci and Aunt Marie's sister.  She is in one of the wards that we cover. She is sooo sweet, and her family is just adorable!

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true chcurch of our Heavenly Father.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He loves us.  He wants us to be happy.  One thing that I have seen in my life lately is that as I have been actively and prayerfully working on becoming more like the Savior. I have come to know Him more, and my testimony of His Atoning sacrifice has been strengthened.  I know that this is because I am striving to live according to His will and His teachings.  I am by no means close to perfect, but I am trying and striving for that, and because of His Atonement and through repentance, He strengthens me and helps me to become the person that I want to be and that He KNOWS I can be.  I know that this applies to each one of us.  As we strive to live our lives in line with His teachings, we become more like the Savior and we know Him, and are happy because of that knowledge.  I love Him so much and am so grateful for Him.  I am so grateful for His church.  I am grateful for parents, grandparents, brothers, a sister-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who taught me how to be a better person.  Because of you, and because of our Savior, I am who I am today.  Thank you so much for everything you have done for me.  I LOVE you ALL.  I know these things are true, without any doubt in my heart.  In the name of our Beloved Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen.

With all of my love,
Sister Stroud


No comments:

Post a Comment