Thursday, December 24, 2009

Catey's weekly email 11-25-09 - Taught 40 lessons in one week

Dear Family!!!!

HAPPPPPYYYYY THANKSGIVING to EVERYONE!!!  So, I am soooo sorry I am not able to email/write all of you.  Lately we have been giving up part of our P-day, because we are soooo busy.  Last week, we taught 40 lessons... in one week, plus spoke in sacrament, are planning 3 baptisms for this Saturday (at which I get to speak), and we get the privilege of speaking in 2 sacraments on Sunday.  (As I am typing this for Catey, I am tired just thinking about her schedule :)). I know this shouldn't be an excuse.  I am trying to be better so please forgive me and please be patient with me.  Also, know that I am thinking about each one of you.  I am grateful for your support.  I LOVE reading your emails and letters.  I feel so much gratitude for each one of you and your support.  I hope you all have an AMAZING THANKSGIVING!!!

So... I haven't gotten the H1N1 vaccine.  I'm not really too fond of needles right now, seeing as the last 2 times I went to the doctor they have poked and prodded me with needles the size of Texas. :) I probably should get it though... It's time to conquer my fears, one fear at a time. :)

We are really excited to spend Thanksgiving with the Law family (Mother's Note: Her brother, James' in-laws).  I just love them.  I am so grateful for them.  I think it will make being away from you all a little easier.  We are not allowed to proselyte at all tomorrow, so we are going to spend a good chunk of our day with them and then we are going to go visit members and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. :) (Another mother's note: The entire Stroud clan is so grateful for the Law family.  Even though we missed Catey immensly, we had a feeling of peace knowing she was with family).

I'm sorry to hear that you all have been sick. :( It's definitely not fun.  Thank you SO much for working on my Christmas package.  So.... Guess what??? Transfers are NEXT Wednesday.  Insane, right?  Yeah, so this Monday, the 30th, will be the last mail day of the transfer.  My companion and I are hoping that we will stay together.  We feel like we still have a lot of work to do here.  She (my companion) got her Christmas package this last Monday.  Her parents got me this really cool coin purse from Japan.  I thought it was so cool that they got me something, so I know that she will REALLY appreciate that you guys got her something.  THANK YOU for doing that. :)  We really appreciate it.

I hope you ALL know that I appreciate all of your support and prayers.  I hope you have a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Please tell everyone that I love and miss them and am VERY grateful for them.  Give everyone a hug for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESTON!!!  I hope you got your birthday card.  I was trying to figure out how old you are.  Yeah... um... 27, right??? HOLY CRUD, you're old yo!  Just kidding.  I hope you have an amazing birthday.  Give your daughter lots and lots of kisses for me.  I just can't stop staring at her picture.  She is SO stinkin cute... Just like her Aunty Sister Stroud. :) Haha.  I crack myself up. :)

Dad, I am so glad that you are having those (missionary) experiences.  I love when members come to lessons with us.  It really helps our investigators.  I know that you have some amazing experiences to share.  Mom, I know you will be an AMAZING grandmother to my future children.  After all, your are an AMAZING mother.  (Mother's note: Catey was so easy to raise - she gives her parents way too much credit).

Y tambien to quiero decir que te amo, feliz dia de gracias. (From Elder Schleske)

I know that this is the true chcurch of Jesus Christ on the earth today.  I pray that we will all think of the many blessings that we have, and thank our Father in Heaven for everything we have.  I thank our Heavenly Father for each one of you.  I know that our Savior lives and loves each one of us.  I am so grateful for His Atoning sacrifice for us.  I know that it is only through Him that we will be able to live as eternal families with our Father in Heaven. In the name of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Oh, and P.S. I will TALK to you 1 month from today!!!! :)

I LOVE YOU ALL, Please don't forget that!

I really hope this made sense.  I am sooooo tired and a little "discombabulated." I am not exactly sure what that word means, but that's what I feel like. :) Missionary life is CR-AZY, but I LOVE it!!!! :)

Love,
Sister Stroud

No comments:

Post a Comment