Friday, December 4, 2009

12/01/09

Just so everyone who reads this knows.... Catey was allowed to go 
and have Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and I got on Video Chat 
with my family on Thanksgiving. I wanted to see everyone and talk to
them all (because I miss home a lot) and Catey was in the room when I said 
hi to everyone. Her companion and she waved and said hi to us. I wasn't 
trying to break the rules I just miss home and it was a plus that Catey was there. 
Mother's Note: DeAnn is like Catey they are very obedient and I love them both so much.
 
FAMILY!!!
 
How is everyone doing? I just want you to know that I miss you tons!
 
First of all, I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Christmas
presents. You really didn't need to get me that many presents. 
I seriously would have just been happy with a Christmas card. 
I want you to know how much I appreciate everything you do for me. 
I will be sending a thank you letter that is more personal, but I 
wanted you to know that I got the packages and that I am so grateful
for them. My companion also says thank you. It's hard not to open 
them all right now. ;) One of the biggest Christlike attributes that 
I am working on, and learning, on my mission is patience. :) This is 
definitely helping me develop this particular Christlike attribute...
Thank you so much. Words really can't express my gratitude. At times,
I don't feel worthy to have such an amazing family, but I hope that I
can make you proud as I serve the Lord with everything that I have...
 
Yes, I do leave all of the negative experiences out of my emails. 
I always try to stay positive. Sometimes it's hard, but one thing 
I've learned on my mission is that sometimes those negative experiences,
if handled with faith, hope and optimism, become some of the most 
amazing experiences of my life. They have built my faith, and have 
helped me learn to rely on the Lord. I know that these experiences 
will help me be a better person, and someday a better wife and mother. 
And hopefully, they will make me a better daughter. I know that I haven't 
always been the most fun person to be around, but I can see that my mission
is changing that. I'm still learning, but I think that I'm starting to realize
what it takes to be more Christlike. I know that we are going to have a
lot of fun when I get off my mission, because I can even see that I am 
becoming a different person, a better person. It has been a rough process
but it has been worth every second of it. I know that I will continue to
learn and grow...
 
By the way... I'm not trunky AT ALL (seeing as I still have 13 months left),
BUT I just want to see if you can start planning to come up January 2011, 
because we have a huge departing testimony meeting for all the missionaries
leaving and I really want you to be there... So... Could you maybe start
planning for that??? Thanks. ;)
 
Anyways, I'm glad that your Thanksgiving was good. Ours was really good.
It was really hard to be away from you all, but we had a lot of fun with
the Law family. They are so amazing! So, you heard I got to see DeAnn, 
James and Princess Codie? Yeah, I was like "Who is that baby DeAnn is holding?" 
And then it dawned on me "Oh my goodness, that is CODIE!!!" She got to 
hear my voice for the first time. She is soooo stinking cute, and chunky.
I can't wait to meet her. Oh, are you going to have her for Christmas? 
I was just wondering if I was going to get to talk to her... Speaking of,
I will let you know soon what time I will call you on Christmas. I'm 
assuming I'm calling Dad's cell: 480-272-4148, right??? If that's right,
I can't believe I still have that memorized. ;) It was really good to
see DeAnn and James... I hope I get to see you all in a few months. 
Hint hint. ;)
 
Oh, I almost forgot... Transfers were yesterday. My companion and I are
staying together in Tooele! We are really excited... We had 3 baptisms
last Saturday, and spoke in 2 different sacraments on Sunday. It was a
crazy weekend. The work has been amazing. I'm excited to tell you all of
the amazing experiences that I have had on my mission...
 
By the way, Dad I spent like $9.00 today at Wal-Mart for medical purposes. 
I have been getting really bad migraines, so I bought some Advil Migraine. 
I think I might just be trying to adjust to the cold (this morning when we
went to zone study at 7:50 am, it was 15 degrees). I think it's probably 
that along with stress... But I just wanted you to know. Don't tell mom. 
I don't want her to worry. ;)
 
Anyways, I think that's pretty much it. I can't believe it's 
almost Christmas. Time flies!!! Tell everyone I said hi and that
I love them. I pray for you all every day. I will write you a 
letter this week.
 
I am so proud of everyone. It seems like everyone is doing really 
good. I am so excited to see the progress that everyone is making,
and I can't wait to sit in the temple with my family. I know that
this is what Heavenly Father wants for us. That is why I'm on a
mission, is to help others be with their families forever, through
the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that this is where Heavenly 
Father needs me. I know that He is proud of you all as you strive
to come closer to Him. I can feel the love that He has for each 
one of you, His children. Don't ever forget that you are a child 
of God and that your whole purpose on this earth is to be able to
become like He is and to return to live with Him again. In the name
of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!
 
Love,
Sister Stroud

No comments:

Post a Comment