Friday, December 4, 2009

Catey's weekly email 11-3-09 - Gratitude

FAMILY!!!

Since it is the first P-Day in November, and I have SOOOO much to be grateful for, this email will be dedicated solely to thanking you all.

Well first, I just want to let you know that I am... WELL. I am still trying to get over a little cough, and my back is sore from coughing so much, but I am soooo much better. Thank you for your prayers. I wrote letters today, and got pictures printed, so I will send them out in the mail tomorrow. Did that $100.00 from Uncle Jim and Uncle Gary go into my account? I just want to make sure that I got that right. I wrote them a letter thanking them today. Also, will you let me know in your next email to me how much is in there? Thank you!!!

Ok... so I have had so many AMAZING spiritual experiences these last few weeks that I have carefully recorded in my journal so you will get to read them in about 14 1/2 months. :) The work is going great! We have seen so many miracles in our area. The Lord is truly guiding His work here. We are staying soooo busy, and are just LOVING it!

But now, for what I really wanted to talk about. I got your package on Monday (oh... by the way, mail days are on Monday now), and I just started crying. Apparently, the emotional-ness wasn't just from being sick. ;) I was just so filled with gratitude. I got down on my knees that night and just thanked Heavenly Father for soooo much support and love. I pleaded with Him that He would bless each and everyone of you. It's not just the package, it's the love that I feel from all of you. Sometimes, that is what keeps me going. It's like you guys know EXACTLY what I need. The zucchini bread was delicious. It is almost gone. I can't stop eating it. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF IT, the cute little bear, the medicine, the zucchini bread, the lotion, the facial care (which by the way, I LOVE - it makes my face feel so good and it works REALLY well), the soap, and all the rest of it!!! I wrote grandma and grandpa a letter, but will you give them a HUGE hug and kiss for me??? Let them know that I smell DELICIOUS! :) I am so grateful for all of the letters, packages and prayers. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for the most amazing family ever, and for such amazing friends. I know that I haven't always been the most amazing daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, sister-in-law or friend, but I hope you all know how much I love you. I am so sorry if I have ever done anything that has hurt you in any way. That certainly wasn't my intention. Please forgive me, and please know that I love you. Thank you so much for everything you ALL have done for me, even if it was just a simple smile. Sometimes, those simple smiles were what kept me going in life. You have all taken a part in making me who I am today. I wouldn't be on a mission if it weren't for all of your love and support. I don't think that I can adequately describe the gratitude that I feel. Even as I write this email, I get tears in my eyes, because I feel the love that our Father in Heaven has for each and every one of you, and it is an overwhelming feeling. He loves us more than we can ever comprehend. I have felt a small portion of the love that He has for His children as I teach them the restored gospel of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Ghost. I am SOOOO grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, who made it possible for us to live with Him again, as families. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and the great peace that I feel as I read and ponder the message that it contains. I testify that it truly is the Word of God. I am so grateful for temples, and for the opportunity that we have to go there and feel of God's love and peace, and to be sealed as families for time and all eternity. This is one of God's greatest gifts to us, His children. I pray that we will NEVER take this gift for granted.

I love the month of November. I pray that we will ALWAYS remember the amazing blessing that our Father in Heaven has given us. I humbly and strongly encourage all of you to take at least 15 minutes sometime this month to think of all the blessings that He has given you, and then to pray and sincerely thank Him for these most abundant blessings. I know that as you sincerely do this, you will see a change in your life. You will come closer to the Savior, and you will feel His love for you and for His children. I know that this change can come, because I have seen it happen in my own life these last few weeks. I know that I have SO much to be grateful for. I am so grateful for each one of you. Words cannot even describe it. I love you all so much. I pray for you all the time. I say these things as a humble servant of the Lord, Jesus Christ, in His sacred name, Amen.

With all of my love,
Sister Stroud

No comments:

Post a Comment