Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catey's weekly email 10-20-09 - Testimony tried

Daddy/Family!!! 
(Mother's note: What is up with Daddy? Seriously? What about Mommy - she must want something)

Wow, you made me cry! :) I am very emotional right now... I have a sinus infection, but am doing great other than the sniffles, and crying at EVERYTHING.  It will go away soon... hopefully. :) I really enjoyed reading your testimony. It always strengthens mine.  I had an interesting, and really amazing experience last week.  I won't go into all the details.  It's a really long story.  You will be able to read all about it in my journal when I come home in 15 months.  Anyways, this is the jist of it...
Catey's Experience
We ran into an anti-mormon and stopped to talk to him.  I felt the adversary VERY strongly trying to get me to doubt my testimony, and, to a certain extent, it worked.  Our zone leaders came over that night and gave me an amazing blessing, and talked to me about some stuff and helped me to realize how strong my testimony really is.  And then, one of my companions and I were talking and we had an amazing experience.  I finally realized some things, including how much the adversary is working on me.  But, then I realized how much stronger the Atonement of our Savior is, because I know that no matter what happens, no matter how much Satan tries to get me to doubt, I don't ever have to fear, because I KNOW of the truthfulness and power of the Atoning sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for me.  I fell to my knees right then and there and thanked my Father in Heaven for the experiences that have helped me strengthen my testimony and for the Spirit that testifies to me of the truthfulness of His gospel.  This experience, with so many others that I have experienced on my mission, have seriously changed my life and my view of the world.  It is amazing to see how much I grow daily as I work hard to invite others to come unto Christ.

Anyways, so let's see. I did get transferred.  My companion and I are "white washing" in this area (they took both missonaries out and put two new ones, my companion and I in).  I did this in my last area as well.  So, now I am in Tooele, Utah.  My companion and I cover the Tooele East Stake, and right now the Spanish branch (the Elders will be taking the branch, seeing as I can't quite teach the lessons in Spanish...) My companion is Sister Yamashita.  She is from Japan, and she also doesn't drive.  But at least this transfer we got a Toyota Corolla. :)  She is WAY awesome, and I am really excited for this transfer, although I REALLY miss my old area.

We did have a baptism last week.  It was really awesome.  I was asked me to speak on baptism, so I did.  Also, a lady in my last area that I taught was baptized on Saturday, and I played the piano at her baptism.  Then, we spoke in church on Sunday.  I think I'm finally starting to get over my fear of speaking/playing the piano in public, since I do it ALL the time. Several people came up to me after we gave our talks and told me that I had a deep knowledge off the gospel, and that my talk was really powerful.  I don't even remember what I said. :) All I remember is that is was on "Coming unto Christ."

I hope everything is going well with you.  I have been praying that you will find a job soon... I have been praying for everyone else, including my grandparents.  I miss you all so much.

I'm so glad that you are meeting with the missionaries.  It is such an amazing experience. It's crazy how we're the ones teaching the gospel and yet I learn more from the people I teach and from my companions than they learn from me. :) 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Please always remember that.  Please know that this IS the true church of Jesus Christ on the earth today.  Our Heavenly Father loves us more than we will ever know.  I want to add my testimony to the one that Elder Holland bore this last general conference... I want it to be VERY clear when I stand before the judgement seat that I declared to the world, with everything I have, that the Book of Mormon is true.  I KNOW, without any doubt in my heart, that the Book of Mormon is true.  I have read it and prayed about it, and through the Holy Ghost, our Father in Heaven has made it know to me.  I find so much peace when I read it, and I promise you that if you want to strengthen your relationship with the Savior, and if you want to find peace in your life, you can do so by "feasting upon the words of Christ."  I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that we can be together as a family after this life.  I pray that each one of us will live our lives so that we will be worthy to return to live with our Heavenly Father and our Savior...TOGETHER FOREVER.  This is my prayer.  I LOVE you.  Heavenly Father loves you.  We are truly His children.  In the name of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Once again, thank you for all of your support.  I am filled with an undescribable amount of gratitude.  I couldn't do this without you... I promise you that Heavenly Father will bless all of you for your support and prayers of His servants.  Please remember that you are ALL in my prayers.  And please pray for me and my companion, that we will be able to find those who are prepared to hear the gospel.  Thank you again.

With all of my love,
Sister Stroud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment