Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catey's weekly email 9-8-09

Ok, so I'm really sorry... but this is going to be relatively short. :( 
 
First of all, I'm really sorry about last week. We had a baptism on Saturday, so 
we had to be there for his interview with our district leader. It is always an 
amazing experience to see a child of God be baptized, and to see that change in 
their lives. Before his baptism, he (his name is David) was struggling with 
smoking. So, my skinny-minny companion told him that we would give up chocolate 
if he gave up smoking. Yeah, um... easy for her... she doesn't like sweets. Me, 
on the other hand... let's just say I really struggled. :) Mom, I am so your 
child. ;) Anyways, he was baptized, and it was amazing. He was my first baptism 
of someone that I taught from the very beginning. 
 
Second of all, thank you soooooo much for the package! It was like Christmas in 
September, and I really needed ALL of it! You should have seen my face light up 
when I opened it. :) BreAnn did bring me cookies (they were DELICIOUS... I ate 
all of them.)!!! And it's not against the rules, as long as they just drop them 
off on my doorstep. I just can't see them. Don't worry, I being a good girl. ;) 
I also want to thank EVERYONE who is supporting me right now. I pray for all of 
you, and am soooo grateful that I have such amazing family and friends. I don't 
know what I did to ever deserve any of it, but I thank Heavenly Father every 
night for all of you who are supporting me right now. You will never know how 
much it means to me, because there are no words that can describe it. But... 
please know that I am so grateful for you and I LOVE you so much. 
 
Transfers were yesterday. I really struggled. I did not want to leave my 
trainer. In fact, I cried at the transfer building. Like REALLY cried. I felt so 
emotional. The elders were probably all thinking "Sisters..." :) Oh well... My 
trainer, Sister Kalolo and I got white-washed out of our area. They put elders 
in our old area. My new companion, Sister Azzaya, and I got put in the elder's 
area. Sister Azzaya is way awesome. She is from Mongolia. She also does not 
drive (my last companion didn't drive either), so when I get off my mission in 
like 16 1/2 months, I am not driving at all. :) Anyways, she is so tiny. I feel 
like a giant next to her, but she is way awesome. 
 
Give Codie LOTS of kisses for me. Please tell everyone that I'm sooo sorry that 
I'm such a slacker when it comes to writing. It's hard to find time to do 
ANYTHING. I'm doing the best I can. Tell everyone I love them. Tell James and 
DeAnn that their puppy is so CUTE!I miss them tons and am so proud of them! I'll 
write them next week. Tell Grandma and Grandpa thank you so much for the letter. 
It made my week. :) Tell Cindy HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 
 
Thank you so much again for everything. I love you all more than you will ever 
know. And I miss you tons. But I know that I am where the Lord needs me right 
now. Even when it gets tough, I know that Heavenly Father send me her for a 
reason. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Right? :) Haha. Anyways, 
I LOVE you all. I really have to go to the bathroom, and once we leave the email 
room, we don't get to come back... So, I know that this is the restored gospel 
of Jesus Christ on the earth today. I know that Heavenly Father hears and 
answers our prayers. I pray that I can make Him proud by working diligently to 
bring souls unto Him. I love Him, and I love His Gospel. 
 
Have an awesome week and I'll write next week. :) 
 
With all my love, 
Sister Stroud 

No comments:

Post a Comment