Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catey's weekly email 10-14-09 - Talks at Baptism

FAMILY!!!!! 
So this week has been great!  We have transfers a week from today... I REALLY don't like transfers... at all! :)  Haha.  I just absolutely love my area right now, and don't want to leave.
 
We have a baptism tomorrow. He asked me to give a talk on baptism. Then, on Saturday, in my last area, this really amazing lady is getting baptized that I 
taught, so I get to go to that baptism as well. She asked me to play the piano. Then, next Saturday, we have another baptism. On Sunday, we are giving talks in sacrament. Did I mention that missionary work is BUSY (and that's an 
understatement)?! It has been amazing to see the Lord's hand in the work. We 
have truly seen miracles as we work diligently doing the Lord's work. It's 
amazing... We barely have time to eat lunch and dinner (we teach A LOT of 
lessons - yesterday we taught 7) and I am completely exhausted, physically and 
mentally... but the amazing part is that I don't even realize that I'm exhausted 
until I get home at night and we start to plan. After planning, I change, brush 
my teeth, wash my face, pray (personal and companion) and literally fall into my 
bed and I'm out.  
 
Ok, so to answer your questions... Yes, I have my medicine. About that, I hate 
to ask this but can you put $50 in my account by next Thursday, and in your next 
email let me know how much is in there? I'm going to have Sister Sonne fill this 
prescription for this month and then I should be set for the next 3 months 
(Usually, one bottle lasts me 2 months). I did get my flu shot. It hurt... :) 
It's getting cold, but I have enough winter clothes to keep warm. I do usually 
print off your letters so that I can read them later. The name of my 
dermatologist is Dr. Brown, but I usually see Angela when I go there. She is 
AMAZING! I hope everything works out for you. Tell Grandma good luck and that 
she is in my prayers. I put all of your names in the prayer roll when I went 
this morning. And please know that you are all in my prayers. I LOVE you all and 
appreciate everything you do for me, and especially for the prayers. I 
definitely need them. Missionary work is hard sometimes, but it is worth every 
moment. Thank you for your testimonies. They are what keep me going sometimes... 
Please don't ever forget that I love you and more importantly our Father in 
Heaven loves you. Have an amazing week! Keep up the great missionary work. 
Member involvement is soooo key! I am proud of all of you. 
 
Well, since it's our last P-Day, our zone is going to watch "Forever Strong" so 
I better go. ;) 
 
Love always, 
Sister Stroud 
 
P.S. It's not completely like the sister missionary movie. It IS sort of like 
the Best Two Years, but then again it has been a LONG time since I've seen that 
movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment