Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catey's weekly email 10-7-09 - Sis. Stroud attends General Conference

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your testimonies.  They always uplift me.

First of all, I just want to let you know that it was not against the rules for me to call James and DeAnn.  I'm just not allowed to talk to them, and we were trying to decide if we wanted to do an endowment session or  initatories.  So, I asked my companion if she would talk to James if I called him.  She agreed, but I don't want to you think that I'm breaking any rules, because I'm not.  I'm a perfect missionary. :) Haha. Just kidding.  But I'm working hard to becoming one.:) (Mother's Note: Catey is a very obedient person in general - if she thought she was doing something that was breaking a rule she would not do it).  I'm so excited to see you all in April.  Do you think Cindy would let you bring Ccodie so I could meet her... and give her tons of kissess???  That would be so awesome!  I'm so excited to see you all!  Did DeAnn say how the temple was?  How's the job search coming, dad?  I'm glad mom is liking 3rd grade. 

Second of all,  I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! I screamed when I got my package last night! You know you're a missionary when... your favorite day of the week is Tuesday, because that's the day you get mail.:)  I got a letter from Grandma and Grandpa Hilton and from Aunt Kay.  Man, I miss everyone.  And I NEEDED everything in that package.  Seriously, I bought some cheap razors because I couldn't find the razor blades for my good razor, and was just thinking a couple of days ago... I need some shaving cream.  And food is ALWAYS good.  And of course I am freezing, so I was extremely excited to see warm clothes. It's like you could read my mind of what I needed.:)  My companions say thank you too.  They loved it!  They think it's so sweet that you would get them something too. :)

Conference was amazing!  We got Plaza 1 section tickets for the Sunday p.m. session.  We went to all of the sessions in the conference center, except for the Saturday PM session.  We watched that one in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  It was so amazing watching it in the conference center... and as a missionary.  I felt the Spirit so strong, and my testimony was strengthened so much.  I wish I would have know that James and DeAnn were there.  I would have looked for them!  I saw and took pictures with) a lot of people I know.  I saw Danielle Lussier there (she is in Catey's home ward).  She is so adorable.  I also saw my roommates, and some other friends from college.

I am so grateful that I have such a loving family.  In the conference center, the prophet and his counselors walk in a few minutes before confernce starts.  The thousands of people that are there get really quiet and everyone stands up all at once.  I got chills, and a sense of peace, as the prophet of God walked in the room.  I am so grateful for a living prophet on the earth.  I know, without any doubt, that President Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet of God on the earth.  He DOES receive revelation for the people of this earth.  It is through heeding his counsel and the words of the Book of Mormon that we will be able to return to live with our Father in Heaven.  I wish I had my notes with me from conference, but there was one talk (I don't remember who gave it)... but in my notes I wrote, "SO TRUE! Tell mom and dad thank you.  They are the reason I am who I am."  It was talking about how there isn't one family home evening or family prayer that changes your life, but all of them.. Like the strokes in a painting.  All of them come together to make the painting beautiful.  I believe that with all of my heart and soul.  I know that sometimes you don't feel like you are good parents, but I am here to tell you that that is Satan trying to get to you.  You ARE good parents, and I don't know what I did to deserve you as my parents, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.  If my husband and I could be half of the parents that you both are, then I know my kids will have good parents.  I wouldn't be the person, the missionary, I am if it weren't for you all.  There is a quote that I like that says:

"A missionary is someone who leaves there family for a sort time so others can be with theirs for eternity."

It dawned on me during conference that you are a part of every baptism I have even though you don't know the people who are baptized just because I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.  I LOVE you ALL so much and am so grateful for ALL of the amazing support that I receive.  I know that this is the true church, and I CANNOT deny it.  In the name of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love,
Sister Stroud

No comments:

Post a Comment